As Accounts Payable Manager, you will be responsible for managing the accounts payable process for multiple clients, ensuring that all invoices are processed accurately and in a timely manner. You will also be responsible for reconciling vendor statements, resolving any discrepancies, and managing relationships with vendors.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of owning and managing all aspects of the accounts payable process and will have strong analytical skills along with the ability to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner. They will be comfortable working with financial systems and tools and possess excellent attention to detail. Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team are also essential to be the Accounts Payable Manager.
If you are a self-motivated, results-driven individual with a passion for accounting and finance, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Code and enter invoices into Bill Pay
- Process supplier invoices, including accurate GL account coding
- Verify invoices are accurate and supported by underlying documentation
- Establish effective relationships with suppliers through communications on missing invoices, credits/rebills, incorrect invoices, processing statements, credit applications etc.
- Prepare electronic, check and wire payment runs
- Prepare supplier credit applications, tax-exempt certificates, and other applicable documentation
- Manage multiple AP email accounts by saving supplier invoices and researching/responding to supplier inquiries
- Support month end financial close process by ensuring timely entry of invoices and follow up with invoice owners so that approvals and procurement holds are resolved prior to deadlines
- Assist the quarterly and year-end audit process, including providing materials to support audit requests
- Maintain accurate W9 vendor information
- Own annual 1099 filing process
- Follow AP policies and procedures; identify opportunities to drive increased process efficiencies
- Review employee expense reports to confirm compliance with company policy
- Be familiar with and provide procurement support by verifying spend commitments are documented on a purchase order and support internal stakeholders by communicating potential PO issues
- Build client relationships and advise on best AP practices as they grow
- Familiarity with two- and three-way matching
- Special projects and other tasks as assigned
- 5+ years of accounts payable experience
- Experience working with Bill.com and QuickBooks Online preferred
- Proficient with MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Dependable, flexible, and consistently reliable team player